Thursday 3 September 2009

BAMF - Not Qualified

So... we didn't manage to get a qualifying time on the BAMF. The race is tomorrow and I won't be lining up to blast off down Glencrutchery Road on it. Poked sprag clutch, suspension settings that were way out and of course the poor weather, crap weather and shitty weather all played their part.

I appealed to the Clerk of the Course. He turned this down. I appealed to the Course Stewards at the cost of £50 (I wasn't going to let 50 quid stop after coming this far!) and sat in front of the committee to plead my case. They turned me down. I think if the Senior race was my only race they would have seen it differently, but having qualified on the Wee Monster for teh Ultralightweights, they supported the Clerk of the Course.

The BAMF build started in November 2008. I have spent soooooo much time, effort and money on it... just to get it to the Senior race start line... only to be denied at this stage of the game. Mabe the signs were there all along with all the problems I've had to overcome to get this far. Mabe I should have given up a long time ago. Dunno. I've done everything I could have to get to the start line. So, philosophically I don't believe anything happens by chance and console myself with the thought that it just wan't meant to be. I'd like to believe I have been saved from something not so good that may happen. Still very disappointed.

Nay worries... the Wee Monster is qualified and I am looking forward to opening her up around the course tomorrow in teh Ultralightweight race. The race starts at 10:15. We have had so much rain that I don't think the course will be dry everywhere... but I hope the weather holds so that it's not a repeat of last week's practice sessions.

Wee Monster's all checked over, prepped, gassed up and ready to rock 'n roll. Going to be an early start with scroot starting at 08h00. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment