Saturday 11 December 2010

Green Laning

Armed with an Ordinance Survey map I headed out to the green lanes today to get a bit of saddle-time.

I explored some of the green lanes north of Silverstone. Not great. A lot of them were across pastures with many gates to open and shut. There were a few gnarley patches because of deep mud and slush. But on the whole - pretty tame.


So far, the greenlanes I used to ride around Guildford are far better. There are more further north of the ones I was on today - hope to explore them soon and find them a bit more challenging... and with less gates.


Spent only 2 hours on the bike. I forgot to fuel-up before leaving and was lucky to run out of juice only a mile or so from home. Doh! A bit of  a push. Man, I am sooo unfit! I'm cream-crackered now.

No comments:

Post a Comment