Tuesday 19 April 2011

Flattrackin - Club Champs - Rye House

Last Sunday was the ShorttrackUK Club championship at Rye House...

There was a bumper turn out and the paddock was rammed, so I landed up setting up just off the entry road to the paddock

Great to see all the flattrackin guys after the winter hibernation

The Co-Built garage is growing bigger with cool (and competitive) bikes...

Pre-briefing - a great day to get out on the clay

A couple of bikes I haven't see before were out there... like this 600 KTM based on a 525 EXC

Some wicked graphics on Jamie Croyden's flattracker



Scene from my lunch break

The flattracker is lookin' damn fine... just a couple of things still to do to finish her off

After a slow start in the heats I started to get things going and picked up a second and a couple of fifths
(thanks to Steve Baldock and Kimmy for the pic)

I even managed to hold Boastie off for a lap or two on his vintage 70s Suzuki
(thanks to Steve Baldock and Kimmy for the pic)

Check out those new boots!
(thanks to Steve Baldock and Kimmy for the pic)

Still not as fast as I know I can be but didn't make many mistakes and had good fun out there
(thanks to Steve Baldock and Kimmy for the pic)

Photobucket
Unfortunately due to a few incidents we ran out of time for the finals so a result was called from the points scoring heats. My objective for the day was to make the Thunderbike and Restricted finals. My points tally after the heats left me 11th in the Thundarbikes and 6th in the Restricted class. Whooo-hoo!

Brilliant results for the Co-Built stable with Geoff bagging a 2nd and a 3rd, Anthony a 4th and a 5th and Guy a 2nd and a 7th. RedMax Steve was on his new Norton (I'll post that soon) but was in the wars again and broke his collarbone - get well soon dood!

A great day on the clay!

No comments:

Post a Comment