Thursday 15 September 2011

Choking, Garbage, Soup and Rye House


The other night I prepped the flattracker for the final round of the ShorttrackUK Grand National Championship at Rye House. I struggled to start the beast up. When idling, she just choked and died with any throttle... black, fuel smelling smoke coming out the exhaust. "Shit, she's drowning." Check this, check that... troubleshoot. Next thing to check is the carb. Not too keen on taking it apart as I wouldn't know a carb's ass from it's elbow.

Air-cleaner off... "Aha!" "You little bastard."


I had forgotten the plastic garbage I had stuffed down the inlet pipe to stop water when cleaning her last. Must be this soup of post-Manx depression I've been swimming in lately. Doh! Garbage gone and she started and ran sweet! :-)

Looking forward to saturday night's racing. There are 3 of us currently tied in 6th in the Thunderbike Championship. It's pretty crowded mid-table so it's all to play for!

Looking for a good result to drag me out of this depressed state of mind...

1 comment:

  1. A good nites racing will definitely cheer u up,does me anyway, although this will probably be lastone for a while. :'(

    ReplyDelete