Wednesday 11 April 2012

ShorttrackUK GNC Round 1 - Leicester

After battling it out all day last Sunday in the ShorttrackUK Club Championship, I took a half-hour nap in the back of the van and came out ready for the GNC Championship that evening...

The atmosphere of night racing is special... and in UK at the beginning of April it's bloody cold!

Waiting for the next heat...

Geoff Cain with the seat of the house!

Protege youngster Tim Neave on 'Yankee' John's two-smoke made us all look slow in the Thunderbikes

Guy Sutherland and his Co-Built

22h00 and it's all over... just the the war-stories, back-slaps, laughs and smiles left...
After the busy day, I only had enough in my tank for one more class, the GNC Thunderbikes. More good starts and steday riding saw me to a 5th in the final :-)

On any Sunday... but with a 4a.m. start on Monday, would have preferred a Saturday. Lovin' it!

I also shot nearly 3 hours of onboard footage... now to edit it!


No comments:

Post a Comment