Thursday 11 April 2013

Ducati 1991 888RS Suzuka 8hr Endurance Racer

I have found the bike for the Classic TT...

A Duke 1991 888RS Suzuka 8hr endurance racer. I've got some details from the seller and the asking price. Claimed to weigh only 150kg... factory stuff. Trick as fuck. Apparently this bike ran 5th before a DNF.

 












A kazillion pics or it's most intimate parts and a youtube movie.

I don't think I'll go for it... I was put off by the DNF... it might have developed some losin habits ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Ducati would be lovely but could you trust an old one for race distance?.
    An ow01 would be my bet, and still a gorgeous machine!!.
    Enjoy the flat track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve!
    With a bit of work, I'm sure an old Duke would go the distance. owo1 has too many cylinders... and they're too dear compared to road-going Duke 851/888s.
    You not flattrackin this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on sell a kidney and buy it you know you want it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. fraid not not m8, new job, and wrist problems means ive got to lay off for a bit...
    will still try to get there and watch/marshall if i get chance.
    missing it already!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-( Sorry to hear you won't be out there... be good to see you around the paddock though.

    ReplyDelete