Friday 27 June 2014

More 888 Stuff


In May, I was busy with a few brackets so that I can reposition the electrics that are under the seat to the front of the bike. The heatsink and ECU are the main parts. The current weight distribution of the 180kg bike is exactly 50/50 front to rear. I'm hoping moving these bits from one extreme to the other will get us closer to the theoretical ideal of 52/48.


My standard cable-drive tacho is quite deep and has the cable connection at the back, this prevents me fitting the ECU flush with the back of the dash. It was a pain in the ass, but after a lot of measuring, tweaking and fiddling about, I now have it all fitted with enough clearance. Maybe a task for Phase III - a electronic tacho. I like these: Stack Tacho


Also made up some new ally fairing brackets...


There are a few other little works in progress, but the next big thing to get done before I took time out to get married was to get the bike down to Mark Lumb of MADASL Racing to fit the spaghetti system. Mark has a cool workshop with loads of interesting custom Ducati projects...


Nice! :-)

It took a bit of persuasion to fit as this was the first SP Mark had made a system for. But with the help of BBB Fabrications Steve Bailey on a Sunday morning, it was all sorted and looking sweet!


Thanks Mark and Steve for your help on this :-)

Mark then kindly dropped the bike off with Red max Steve Hillary for the engine work. Mark is also lending me a slipper clutch for the TT. A top guy!! Get in touch with Mark at MADASL for spaghetti systems, vernier pulleys and all sorts of other Ducati mods.

Fast forward a few weeks... all the engine work has now been done (more on that later) and I'm meeting Steve down at the dyno late this afternoon to set her up for the new air-box/exhaust see what she does with this new setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment