Friday 20 November 2009

Scottish 3-day Trial - Day 3


Enjoyed a lazy morning, full scottish breakfast and helped split and stack logs in the sunshine. Therapeutic. Makes me want to move to a small-holding so that I can split logs on the weekends. By midday we had headed off to a local unused bing quarry for some more free trials riding.


(Trials On!)


(Skids...



(...and wheelies!)

The weather was kind, the surrounding scenery stunning, the climbs steep and high, the drops scary.


(Mike thinks about the drop... but only for a moment... )


(Ant getting up one of the big climbs... easy, peasy... )


(...I make it up too)

(Jack Jr. conquers a big climb on the wee fifty!)

(Brilliant weather)


(I make an attempt on a challenging climb with and turn and lip at the end... )


(... I falter at the turn. "Who is your friend?"... "Momentum!")

We just cut about till sunset. Up, down, around, wheelies and skids. No-one bothered us, just me, my mates, a couple of bikes and a quarry. Fantastic practice for Erzberg!


(Mike makes it look easy...


...he grew up riding this quarry)


(Ant getting some air!)


(Trials on! Yeah!)

Rounded off the evening with some great home-cooked food, beers and war-stories around an open fire. On Any Godamn Sunday!

Looking forward to the next Scottish trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment