Saturday 27 February 2010

Manx GP - Frank James


I had forgotten about these pics that I found just after doing the Manx GP in September last year.

During the days of crappy conditions and trying to qualify in the pouring rain, I remember braking from well over a ton at the end of Sulby Straight. I spotted a van out the corner of my eye with what I thought was a cool paintjob.


I was mistaken. Turns out it wasn't a cool flamed paintjob... but the work of a precision Japanese tin-opener.


Frank aquaplaned while braking. His Honda CBR slewed off the road and hit someone's van parked in their front garden.


I believe Frank got away without serious injury.


Lucky lad!
Not so lucky for the van or Honda - looks like only the rear calliper and perhaps rear wheel are salvageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment