Sunday 3 October 2010

Flattrack Not On!

Today is the last round of the ShorttrackUK championship at Scunthorpe. We've had awful weather the last week... hasn't stopped raining the last few days.

Prepped the Flattracker yesterday, packed and left this morning in the rain. Got 10 miles up the road and decided to turn back. I'll gladly go short-circuit road racing in the rain - my best results have been in the rain. I'll gladly do enduros in the rain. But flattracking? Nah. I didn't have fun at Amman Valley when it was soggy.

Couldn't be arsed to drive 3 hours to a muddy paddock to slip and slide around a dirttrack. Besides... got quite a bit of work to finish off. The thought of being in my warm, dry house finishing some pressing work sounded a much better proposition. I do this flattrackin' malarkey for fun and if I ain't having fun, there's no point is there?

Anyways... here's a cool Husqvarna streettracker from Krook Street Racing:


Thanks Sideblog for the link. This is what I want the KTM to look like by the springtime. Got a lot of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment