Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wear Protection


10 days ago I came off at King's Lynn and got hit in the back by another bike. Here's a good reason to wear proper protection when riding... especially when racing...

At first I thought is was just a smack in the back and some ripped leathers...

... then I got to the back protector. A few inches to the left and I would have been in trouble...
... 10mm alluminium honeycombe... NASA stuff and a hole mashed right through it!


A nice chunky flesh gouge over my lover spine and some bone 'n muscle bruising is all I got.
Getting hit with a pointy bit (rear brake lever) really does some damage. Pukka thick leather, ABS plastic and 10mm ally honeycombe saved me from a nasty injury. It still hurts now but sure am glad I went the extra mile and shelled out the cash for what I believe is some of the best protection out there.

Forget about tarty anodised bolts, bits of carbon, paint and bling that doesn't make you faster or keep you safer. Spend your moolah on practice... and protection.

Oh - and a bit of luck helps too.

3 comments: