Tuesday 31 July 2012

Getting Fit

With the ManxGP only 3 weeks away, I've been trying to get fit through the last month... and lose a few extra kaygees I'm carrying around. I'm working away from home at the moment and the hotel doesn't have a gym, so have tried taking up running (the hotel food isn't helping the casue either!). I havn't run more than a few hundred yards to catch a train in the last 20 years so started from zero.

Dry and dusty... the way I love it!


I'm on a 10 week program from zero to doing a 5k run. Except I started late and only had 7 weeks till the ManxGP, and can only do 2 runs a week instead of the reccomended 3. No worries... a bit of determination and a lot of pain later and I should be able to do a 5k without walking next week (on week 5!). Never thought I'd ever run.

Running sucks
I don't really like the running... far rather be riding a petrol engined machine. Got out on the fourfiddy to my local practice track at Weedon on Sunday morning. I did 2 hours straight with only 1 break. I took the break 1 hour and 22 minutes in when I was feeling really knackered - I crashed through the track-marking ropes into a bed of thistles. My side was still burning on Sunday night and my body is still aching from the punishment. No pain... no gain...

No comments:

Post a Comment