Thursday 2 September 2010

ManxGP 2010 - Final Practice Abandoned

Was due to get out for a final 1 lap practice yesterday after the Junior and Senior Classic races. Had the BAMF all scrootered and ready to go when a major incident at Alpine Cottage caused the Junior race to be red flagged and the rest of the day's racing to be abandoned. The Junior race leader had passed the half-way mark so it was called a result. The Senior Classic has been rescheduled for today at 12:15 and hopefully we will get a lap practice after that.

'Suzy V' through Parliament Square (Ramsey) - thanks Ale for sending me the pic

Almost finished Suzy V's race prep: repairing fairings, patching holes, adjusting chain, and of course... checking EVERYTHING (found a lose engine bolt last night!). Just got to fit the transponder and she's good for 4 laps of this punishing course.

A bit of carpentry for a heel-guard... over the last week I've lost half the heel of my boot from touching the chain... I'm hoping this woodwork will prevent me losing the rest of the heel!

Meanwhile... my surprise visitor, mega physician and gorgeous Ale has returned to the UK for work - she has been working on my knotted back and shoulders with her healing hands. Feeling much better :-) She is missed. :-(

Pit Crew for a day and amazing healer Ale on the grandstand

My Dad arrived from South Africa and the rest of my pit crew, Ian arrived yesterday. the weather is incredibly still sunny and warm... hope it holds out till tomorrow afternoon!

My Dad helping out with Suzy V's prep

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy - I will have to apply some South African censoring rules to your blog ;-)
    ...but after all, glad that the treatment had a positive effect, and as mentioned there are way too many knots to get away with the few sessions you had :-); we'll see what it's like after your races tomorrow.
    Take a hot bath, relax, hydrate your body, and you'll be dashing around the TT course tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxed, focussed, hydrated. It's going to be a Zen moment...

    ReplyDelete