Thursday 2 September 2010

ManxGP 2010 - Start Numbers

I was expecting a phone call from Race Office for a change of number. When your entry is accepted, you are seeded. This is your start number. It's an attempt to make it safer so that when out there you are not doing too much overtaking. It's bloody difficult to overtake here... it slows you down and can be dangerous because of the speeds. If you show during practice that you're faster (by some margin) than your original number, when all the practice is finished, they move some of the riders up in the start order.

Ultra Lightweight #106 - 'Suzy V'

So... when my entry was accepted, I got #106 in the Ultra Lightweight. This is out of 110 entrants. They have seeded every single newcomer ahead of me... they obviously think I'm rubbish. I have finished all practices 35th fastest in the Ultra Lightweight class... significantly better than 106th! My Senior # is 94... out of 94. so they reckon I'm the slowest rider out there. I was 56th fastest after all practices... not as big a difference as in the Ultra Lightweight... but still significant. No phonecall... either they have forgotten to call and I have new start number... or what happened last year has had a bearing on things.

Senior #94 - 'Candy'
(The BAMF used to be called 'Candy'... I thought a 106mph lap deserved giving her name back... but she did a 108mph lap four years ago with less bling bits and less horsepower... so she still has to prove herself... )

I'm little annoyed about it... but need to channel that energy into the race and going fast... there is going to be a lot of catching and passing happening tomorrow... it'll be like a video game! Looking forward to it!

'Suzy V' and 'Candy' all prepped and ready to rock in races tomorrow

Yipeeeeeekaaaaaai-aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment