Saturday 15 January 2011

Chev-dawg Lives!

8 weeks ago the Chevy let me down on the way home from Oop North. Got her towed back home. Took a local mobile mechanic 2 weeks to get to the beast to diagnose a dead fuel pump. I ordered the part and he had it two days later.


6 weeks and all the excuses he could find later and I paid him a visit last night - to pick up the new fuel pump. With the help of Dave (one of my neighbours), we dropped the tank replaced the fuel pump and got it all back together. Sounds straightforward - only 7 steps in the manual. Yeah... right!

Lying on your back, broken bolts, a mahoosive 100 litre tank and an angle grinder needed to get the bastard off made it a bit more challenging. It took us 5 1/2 hours.


I hate working on cars. Things are not well thought out or engineered on cars... the designers don't have the constraints of weight and space that bikes have, so they the bits are just thrown together in the cheapest and quickest way possible. But... one quickly forgets pain and I'm so pleased to have the old dawg back! Now I can move bikes around and go race!

1 comment: