Sunday 10 August 2014

Data Logging

On my Sunday test run with the Ducati SP3, I tested a Vbox Sport datalogger that my friend Ant has kindly lent to me. It's not connected to the ECU and just gives GPS location and time. From this it works out speed, route, g-force etc. It makes interesting reading...


The software is difficult to use and pretty crap. But I think it'll be useful on the Isle of Man - I hope I'll have enough time to muck about with the user-unfriendly software to get some meaningful data from it. Maybe I just need more practice with the software.

Here's something interesting that I got from it. From a standing start, I accelerated briskly... not a race start and not redlining every gear. She did the 1/4 mile in 11 secs. Ducati are making a  song and dance about the Panigale Superleggera doing the 1/4 in 10 secs... will be interesting to see what the old 888 does at the race start down Glencrutchery road.

No comments:

Post a Comment