Sunday 7 March 2010

Crossin' Down the Field


After all the shitty weather we've been having for the past few months, the last week has mostly been dry with blue skies. Still a bit cold with frost and frozen puddles but that didn't stop us getting down the field today...


While I hacked around the field with Jay on the four-fiddy, Ant, Mike and Andy got into the woods for a bit of trials


Ant landed up having a lie-down in a ditch with the Montessa on top of him. Not much sympathy from Mike and Andy who just canned themselves with laugher as Ant took this shot on his phone...


Meanwhile down the field... after a slippy start, the track cut in beautifully in the sunshine. Spring is on it's way!



The good 'ol four-fiddy... I love the beast!


Fourteen year-old Jay rides a 85cc KTM in Enduros... he was getting to grips and ripping it up with Ant's more than three times bigger CRF 250. He did brilliantly... only biting the dirt once... far less than me!

I managed 2 x 45 minute sessions non-stop. Making rythm and going fast. I was cream-crackered by the time the others finished trials and the 'Superpole' competition began...


 Mr. Rossi going through the pre-Superpole rituals...


 ... and then ripping it up on the sticky track!


Mike sporting his new lid (ACU approved too!). When he put it on he exclaimed "Jeez! I can hardly feel it!". Ant's reply "Welcome to the 21st century."


Heather and Saff came down to provide some much needed glamour to the event...



Max came down on his bike too.



"I was nibbling into your lead and then you went wide on turn 5...



 ... I almost t-boned you!"


Ant styling it up - eye of the tiger!

It was a brilliant day in the clay! I'm getting fitter, but I'm gonna feel this for the next few days. If I can do this every weekend till Erzberg (only 12 to go!), I'll be fit. But if we get weather like this every weekend, I must be the Pope!

No comments:

Post a Comment