Wednesday 18 August 2010

Gaining Weight

After spending an unreasonable amount of time and money rebuilding the BAMF last year, I managed to get her half-wet weight (ready to go race but with just a liter of gas in the tank) down from 186kg to 175kg. This bodes well for the power to weight ratio (acceleration) handling and braking. Part of the weight saving was using a trick LiFE battery pack supplied by Durbahn. It saved my 2kg over the stock lead acid battery and it's had loads of cranking power (used it in the BAMF, Fourfiddy, Wee Monster and Duke flattracker).


Somehow after the Snetterton test I managed to run the battery completely flat. Doh! Mr. Durbahn has been really helpful on the phone as we tried different things to try get it recovered. But, it was to no avail... I now have a very expensive Durbahn paper-weight. The BAMF is getting a stock item replacement... not ideal but the Durbahn is just too expensive to replace at the moment... so the BAMF is gaining weight. :-(

But hey... not all is lost. I've shaved 2kg of lard from by body through my gym punishment over the last 6 weeks... so we're evens!

No comments:

Post a Comment