Tuesday 2 July 2013

What's in a Number?

Got my race numbers for the ManxGP and Classic TT:

Manx GP Senior: #50 (Aprilia RSV)
ManxGP SuperTwin: #31 (Suzuki SV650)
Classic TT Formula 1: #46 (Ducati 851 SP3)

#46 on a Ducati ... don't quite know how to take that...

The number allocation is some kind of kocka-mamy seeding. Apparently it's your qualifying time from two years before - who knows.

This year they have realised there are things called compooters and now we will start the race in order of qualifying times... except the first 10 'seeded' numbers (guess they had to get those seeding shenanigans in somewhere). This is great for me, because almost every year I have had to start according to my 'seeding' which was way below my qualification, this meant loads of overtaking on lap 1. Not the easiest way to get a fast lap.

In years past I have started with #94 in Senior and #106 in UltraLightweight (original Supertwins class)... so I'm happy with the numbers this year. Although the Classic TT Formula 1 number seems bit low considering there are only 50 or 60 entrants accepted... guess they don't fancy my chances on the old Duke...

...we'll just have to show 'em what it's capable of ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment