Sunday 23 June 2013

Classic TT Build - Getting the Hammer Down

I haven't posted for a while... just about every minute I have had other than work - has been spent on the SP3... and finishing my qualification races for the IOM TT Mountain Course Licence. Haven't had time to post. Just getting the hammer down - sorting stuff, fitting bits and solving problems. It's bee a long few weeks in the garage. I had to get as much done as possible before I dropped it off for the engine rebuild.


Roll back the clock to three weeks ago...
Got around the tediously fiddly job of mounting the seat unit. Because the seat unit is light-weight, it needed some extra mounting tabs welded on. My mate Steve Mann helped me out with that. It took a bit of work, but eventually got it all to where I wanted.
 
 
Also sorted a race-mandatory catch-tank for the oil-catch tank breather, water and fuel overflow out of a camping ally water flask. Super light-weight and looks a lot better than an empty Guinness can.



The fuel-cap also arrived... from China. It wasn't too bad... a bargain considering the price. Not too happy about the action of the screw-on cap, so I swapped it for the one on my wee Monster race bike. Don't have to do a fuel stop against the clock on the wee Monster.

 
Made a bracket and remounted the voltage regulator. The bracket it was on was a botch job and in the way of the cool air flow that's going to be delivered by the trick carbon air runners. Had no idea where it should be, but didn't want to re-wire it so found an out-of-the-way place where it should get plenty cool air.



 
 
 
Peter from Oro-Nero dropped off a box of carbon loveliness too :-) Some beautiful parts, including the corsa style air runner - made extra-strong for the rigours the Isle of Man.


More on the fitment of these beauties in an  forthcoming posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment