Sunday 30 June 2013

DTRA Flattrackin Round 4 - Tir Prince, Rhyl


On Friday, I spent 7 hours doing almost 400 miles on the trip up to North Wales and back for round 4 of the DTRA National Championship at Tir Prince, Rhyl.
 

The weather held an it was dry until 20 miles from the track where it hammered it down. I arrived in the paddock and hunkered down in the van. Made some space in the back, got the bike up on to a stand and cut my tyres.

Yes, this is wales...

Been looking forward to this round for a while now. It's the biggest, fastest track in the UK... the best. Last time we were here (2011) I almost got into the Grand Final on my heavy old Thunderbike that was running out of revs down the straights. I was looking forward for good results in both Thunderbike and Pro class this year.


It wasn't to be. The rain stopped and we mulled around for a while, but the track was water-logged and the meeting called off. Big disappointment to all, especially the organisers and all that had been out there for the last day or two setting it all up - thanks for all the effort that went into this. Hope we'll be back soon.

Improvised mud-guard

No comments:

Post a Comment