Wednesday 1 July 2009

Battle Stations!


Had a conversation with the Chairman of the TT Mountain Course Comittee. They will meet at teh end of July to decide the fate of the remaining Manx GP competitors. He wasn't going to commit, but thinks I have a fighting chance of being accepted if I can get my application in by 17th July. But it is up to the Committee. Hmph!


(Too much yaddah-yaddah and not enough pics on my blog... so here's a pic of a nice bike...)


So... Derby Phoenix are racing at Oulton Park on Saturday. I have a place in the 'Thunderbikes' class - going to get my ass whipped by those 1000cc twins!

Thundersport GB are running at Snetterton next Saturday - got a place in the Minipowerbikes on that one.

Darley Moor are racing (at Darley Moor) next Sunday... I should be able to get into the Sounds Like Thunder class for that one.

3 'meetings' within the next 10 days. Do-able. Kinda.

I'll be riding Mike's 620cc Monster - the one I'll be riding in the Manx GP Ultra-Lightweight class. It'll be a good opportunity to give it a shake-down. I'm not going to race it... just going to test it and work on the set-up... well... we'll see if I can resist.

Oh - and the Chevy started pissin' brake fluid out of the left-rear on Sunday night... so she's off the road. This leaves me with no race transport and about 900 miles to cover accross country in the next 2 weekends. These new 'challenges' aren't bothering me anymore... I just navigate around them.

These 3 'meetings' are going to cost me a packet. Besides shaking the wee Monster down this will be an absolute waste of time, effort and money... and will be a risk to me being physically fit for the Manx - I don't want to agravate my wrist... or fall off! Oh... and 2 weekends of time taken out of all the work I still need to do to build the BAMF (engine still not finished).

Ho-hum... WTF can one do? This is going to be a rough couple of weeks till I get on that ferry to teh Isle of Man. I ain't giving up yet. This ain't over...

BATTLE STATIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment