Friday 3 July 2009

Packed 'n Ready

Got the hire van all packed up. Ready to shack out at 04h00 tomorrow morning. Should be at Oulton Park by 07h30 for scroots, sign-on and handing over dosh. Practice 08h30... then wait... and wait... and race... and wait... and wait... and wait... and race. Then go home.

I'll do 2 races to make sure this counts as a 'meeting'. The track time will be good too as it'll be the first time I'll ride Mike's wee Monster. Heck! I might even enjoy it!

I'll be in the Sounds Like Thunder class against sooped up Ducati 1098s' and all sorts of other glorious sounding, 140 horsepower plus beasts. I'll be a mobile chicane... but mabe I can get a scalp. Nah.

We'll see how my wrist copes. It's only been 5 1/2 weeks since the surgery and it still gets pretty darn painful at times. I'll just swallow lots of ibuprofen, take a deep breath and learn the bike. No racing... just riding around.

In the words of one V.Rossi: "We look, we see, we try..."

No comments:

Post a Comment