Monday 3 August 2009

BAMF Build 04


Up early on Sat to collect my bling Durbahn battery-pack for the BAMF. More on that to come. Spent the rest of the morning doing small jobs like wrapping and fitting the exhaust and modifying the yolks (again) so that the non-standard tank doesn't snag them.


Got the tank fitted and all the controls working a-ok.


Starting to look like a bike now.

Mike helped me with the wiring a few weeks ago so that it turned over. I don't have a soldering iron, so just twisted teh wired together... this all came undone during transport and I couldn't get it wired up the way it was. Got me frustrated and a bit miffed, so I headed out to the farm to see my mates and do a bit of training in the field on the four-fiddy.


Chevy got a blow-out on the way. I called the AA and explored a field with sheep in it next to the motorway while I waited.


It was shit.

It started pouring when AA van arrived to help me with changing the wheel. Wheel changed, soaked to the skin (found out my old once water-proof jacket is no longer water-proof) and to the farm for a beer and some crossing.

The field was slippery and muddy. Took a good few laps to cut into it. My four-fiddy still has a shagged road tyre on the back from its MOT. It was so bad in the wet that the back would come around on you when you got off the gas. I rode most of the laps on the wet grass besides the track because it gave more grip! Need a new tyre...

Boys will be boys so the play down the field devolved into a competition (or is that evolved?). We started doing laps of 'Superpole'.


Mike is crosserless at the moment but was out on his trials bike - despite this his 'Superpole' was still 25 seconds fatser than mine! I need more practice.


Ant on his 'Superpole' from my tracktor tyre armchair.


Ant smashed the lap record over and over again... well chuffed with his new CRF 250.


Playing down the field was a great stress relief... good for the mind, body and soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment